Many of us struggle with weight and other health issues. And unfortunately, the food and beverage industry has convinced lots of people that fast foods, junk foods, processed foods, and sugary/HFC sodas/drinks are tasty and convenient! They sell quick energy. They sell fun and good times!
The problem is that these types of processed and high-sugar foods wreak havoc on our bodies and hormonal systems. I know you can kind of get away with it in your teens and 20s (although more young people are starting to have the health conditions of older adults), and you won’t necessarily feel bad right away.
But eventually, it will catch up with you, yes, you too! If you have gained even 5 pounds in the last year and are unable to lose it with your normal eating and activity levels, your are probably headed for a life of chronic health problems, drugs, and medical procedures.
Many health conditions take years or decades to materialize (high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, heart disease, inflammation, arthritis, pain, diabetes, etc.). By then, they will have caused serious damage to your organs, tissues, and brain/nervous system! Why not get ahead of the curve? Power your life with Power Foods and Drinks!
What are Power Foods and Drinks?
They are more nutritionally complete foods, snacks and drinks. They will help stabilize your blood sugar and boost energy naturally, all day long!
- Toasted or raw nuts. Try mixing almonds, walnuts, cashews and pistachios.
- Fresh fruit (red or black grapes and berries are convenient and taste great)!
- Low-fat string cheese (multiple flavors available).
- Low-fat/sugar yogurt (add your own tasty fruit)!
- Veggie sticks (lots of choices for a flavorful, crunchy snack)!
- Mixed olives, full of interesting colors and flavors!
Snacks like these offer more complex nutrition, with vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. These Power Snacks can save you 100 empty calories of junk food each day!
Water (add a little fresh lemon or orange to pump up the flavor)!
Coffee (okay with a little milk).
Tea (green or white are great, and herbal teas offer lots of flavors too)!
No-sugar-added fruit smoothies can be a good choice if under 20 grams of sugar per serving. This summer, add ice and water for a refreshing summer drink!
These Power Drinks will provide good hydration along with healthy minerals, antioxidants! You can easily save another 100 calories a day with these healthier Power Drinks.
- Lean proteins, such as fish, seafood or chicken.
- Lots of veggies. Go for your favorites (frozen forms are handy and last longer)!
- Use half or less of white carbs (white potatoes, fries, white rice, pasta, etc.) because they spike blood sugar more easily. Go for more complex carbs (brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, veggies, etc.)!
Power Foods will help nourish your cells rather than ending up as fat on your stomach, hips or rear! Save another 100 calories/day with this approach!
With these Power Snacks, Foods and Drinks, your feel energized and lose weight naturally with no dieting and no sugar rushes and crashes!
As always, drop me a line if you have comments or questions. Follow me on twitter and FB (see social icons in upper right. Plus, I can help you succeed with this program! I’m offering 2 coaching sessions (1 per week) for the discounted price of $29.00! Only for June!
© 2012 by Steve Carney/End Sickness Now